Jacob Brent is an American stage actor, dancer and choreographer best known for his role as Mistoffelees in Cats on Broadway, the 1998 film and in London.
Cats History Edit
Broadway - 1995-1996 - Pouncival
Cats: the Movie - 09/1997 - Mistoffelees
Broadway - 1998 - Mistoffelees
Broadway - 1999 - Mistoffelees
London - 05/2001 - Mistoffelees
Jacob graduated from the North Carolina School of Arts in 1991. Jacob has performed in the Broadway and London productions of Cats when they broke the record for longest ever running shows, being the only person to perform in all three productions. Jacob was also in the original production of Starlight Express in Las Vegas.
Jacob co-directed and choreographed Avenue Q for the Weston Playhouse. He also served as the choreographer for West Cost regional premiere of The Producers. Other credits include Peter Pan and Candide for The Children’s Musical Theater San Jose.
His choreography credits include Matthew Passion, The Ticket off-Broadway, and On The Town for Fordham University. His director/choreographer credits include Rent (premiere of the school edition), Sweet Charity, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Mack and Mabel, Starting Here Starting Now, Suessical, Children of Eden, Cinderella, and Big River at Stagedoor Manor, Jesus Christ Superstar at LaComedia in Ohio, as well as the workshops of ALICE a musical based on Alice in Wonderland in both New York and London. Jacob has choreographed ballets for the New York City Ballet and the North Carolina School of the Arts.
- Walt Disney World 'World Dancers' Troupe
- Walt Disney Television Specials
- Starlight Express Las Vegas (Turnov) 1993-94
- Broadway CATS Production (Pouncival) 1994-1996
- Broadway CATS Production (Mistoffelees) 1996-1999
- 'CATS' Video & 'Making of CATS' Video (Mistoffelees) 1998
- '99-'00 "North Carolina School of the Arts" Summer Dance Camp Instructor
- Summer '00 "STEPS On Broadway" Summer Dance Program Teacher
- "The Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular" Cast Member December 2000 and 2001
- London CATS Production (Mistoffelees) April 2001-October 2001
- June '02-July '02 "North Carolina School of the Arts" Summer Session Teacher
- Summer '02 "Stage Door Manor" Summer Session Jazz Instructor
- October '02 ELAN Awards Featured Choreographer